This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Our physical education program includes motor skill development activities, fitness, leisure activities, rhythms, team sports and cooperative activities. We see our classes every other day; however, this schedule is subject to change.
The overall goal of our program is to help children develop the skills, knowledge and positive attitudes necessary to become a physically educated person. Thank you for your support as we strive to encourage them to participate in physical activity throughout their lifetime.
THE PARTICIPATION AND SAFETY of your child is very important in our program. For this reason, we ask that your child wear gym shoes (non-marking) every day, shorts under dresses, and no dangling jewelry.
NON-PARTICIPATION AND MEDICAL EXCUSES
If your child is too ill to participate, he/she MUST HAVE A WRITTEN EXCUSE which should include name, date, nature of illness, parent/guardian signature and the number of days your child will not be able to participate. AFTER 3 DAYS, a physician’s note is required. (Exceptions will be made for students who become ill during the school day). Your child may bring a book or work on a classroom assignment at this time.
PHYSICAL EDUCATION RULES
- Keep your hands, feet, and objects to yourself
- Do not horseplay or slide on the floor
- Do not leave assigned area without permission
- Show respect and listen during instruction
- Take care of the equipment
- Leave the gym in a quiet and orderly manner
- Keep inappropriate and unkind words to yourself
- Follow all rules and directions for each activity
PHYSICAL EDUCATION EXPECTATIONS
- Exhibit Sango P.R.I.D.E.
- Wear gym shoes
- Have a great attitude
- Do your best
- Raise your hand and wait to be recognized before speaking
NOTE: Other inappropriate behavior will be discussed and disciplined as needed.
If a student chooses to disobey the rules, the following disciplinary action will be taken:
- 1st OFFENSE - Verbal Warning (given to an individual or the entire class) &/or Time Out
- 2nd OFFENSE - Extended Time Out
- 3rd OFFENSE - Prolonged Time Out & move a clip down