This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
I wanted to take a moment to explain my classroom behavior plan. I use what is called the responsive classroom approach. It is a way of teaching that creates a safe, challenging, and joyful classroom. I understand that all student’s needs-academic, social, emotional, and physical are important. I strive to create an environment that responds to all of those needs so that your child can do his or her best learning. I teach students specific skills they need to participate successfully. I treat mistakes in a positive way. I view mistakes (both academic and behavior) as important steps in learning. I encourage students to learn from their mistakes and “try again.”
I have 5 qualities that dictate my room:
- Cooperation (working smoothly with others)
- Assertiveness (confidently putting forth your ideas and opinions)
- Responsibility (taking charge of yourself and working hard at your learning)
- Empathy (listening to others and understanding how they might respond to your words or actions)
- Self-Control (thinking before acting)